Monday, May 11, 2009

Shrimp, Tortellini & Spinach


This is one of my new favorites. It is actually pretty healthy for you. If you liked the very first recipe I posted, Garlic Chicken Proscuitto Pasta, you will definately love this one!

I found this recipe on the Kraft Food website under Healthy Living. Sorry for the stock photo, I am having trouble with my camera.


What You Need:
1 pkg. (9oz) refrigerated cheese tortellini
1/4 cup Kraft Roasted Red Pepper Italian w/ Parmesan Dressing
2 cloves garlic minced
1 can (14 1/2 oz) no salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
1 lb. medium shrimp
1 bag (6oz) baby spinach
1/4 cup chopped basil
2 Tbsp. Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese


Make It!
  • Cook tortellini in large saucepan as directed on package
  • Drain in colander; set aside
  • Heat dressing in same pan on medium-high heat.
  • Add garlic; cook 1 minute
  • Add tomatoes and shirmp; mix well and bring just to a boil.
  • Stir in spinach; cover. Simmer 1 to 2 minutes until spinach is wilted, stir occasionally.
  • Stir in tortellini and basil; simmer, uncovered, 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally
  • Serve topped with cheese and a side of bread.

3 comments:

  1. my dd loves shrimp...thanks for sharing this...she's gonna <3 it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely trying this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't fine Roasted Red Pepper Italian with Parmesan dressing ANYWHERE in town. What can I use as a substitute?

    ReplyDelete