Friday, April 10, 2009

Who doesn't love Chicken with Bacon, Mushrooms and Cheese?


I love Outback Steakhouse. From where I live it is about a hour away. When I get there, I always end up ordering steak but their Alice Springs Chicken is one of my favorites. Here is a copycat recipe that even if it doesn't taste like Outback's you are still going to love.
For those of you who may be watching your weight - I will let you know when I substitute lighter things because I am watching my weight as well.
I got this recipe form ECookbooks.net


Ingredients:
Honey Mustard Marinade:
1/2 cup Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup Honey
1 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp lemon juice
Chicken:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast
1 tbl vegetable oil
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 tbl butter (I use light margarine)
salt and pepper
paprika
8 slices bacon (I use turkey bacon)
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese (They have a blend of Monterey Jack and Cheddar)


Directions:
  • In a bowl, whisk together Marinade ingredients: mustard, honey oil and lemon juice.
  • Pour 2/3rds of Marinade over the chicken breasts and marinate them covered in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
  • Chill remaining marinade until later.
  • After the chicken has marinated, preheat the over to 375 degrees
  • Cook bacon.
  • In an ovenproof skillet heat 1 tsp oil over medium heat. Sear chicken in pan for 4 minutes per side until golden brown.
  • Remove the pan from heat but keep the chicken in the pan.
  • In another small pan saute mushrooms in butter.
  • Brush chicken with a little of reserved marinade making sure to save some to use a dip with your meal.
  • Season chicken with salt, pepper, and dash of paprika.
  • Stack two pieces of cooked bacon, crosswise on each chicken breast.
  • Spoon the sauteed mushrooms on the bacon.
  • Top with cheese about 1/4 cup each chicken breast.
  • Bake in the over for 7 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted and starting to bubble.
  • Serve with a side salad and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment