Monday, March 30, 2009

Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken!


Don't let the picture fool you. It in no way can do this chicken dish justice. Believe me it is unbelievable and easy. I wish I could take credit but I can't. My friend Lisa over at Lisa Writes gave me this recipe. Try it. Set your crockpot timer and come home to a great meal that your whole family will eat.

Ingredients:

Chicken - I use four to 6 med. boneless skinless chicken breasts
8 oz fresh mushrooms
1 package cream cheese
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 envelope Italian dressing mix
1/2 cup chicken broth
Biscuits

Directions:
  • Place your chicken in the bottom of your crockpot.
  • Place fresh mushrooms over the top of the chicken.
  • Heat on stovetop until melted: cream cheese, soup, Italian dressing mix, and broth.
  • Pour over chicken and mushrooms and cook for 4 hours on low.
  • After the chicken is cooked through, I take a wooden spatula and shred my chicken. It is so tender it will fall apart with just the force of the spatula.
  • Serve over biscuits and with a side salad or veggie.

FYI - For a heatlhier meal, I have made this with reduced fat cream cheese and 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup and it still turns out great. It is so rich you can't even tell some of the ingredients are low in fat.

1 comment:

  1. I made this last night...YUM!!! For lunch today, we had the leftovers over rice and it was very good. I will make this again, for sure.

    ReplyDelete